March 2016 Newsletter
2016 is well underway and the Board would like to update the Association on a number of items.
2016 Budget – The Budget for 2016 was approved at the 2016 Annual HOA meeting in January. The Budget included a small five percent increase in HOA assessments aimed at allowing the Association to fund a capital repair reserve designed to cover major expenses such as the replacement of the roof on the clubhouse, resurfacing the pool and other similar items. The Annual Assessments for Beacon Knoll are now $610 per year for Owners in the single family section and $408 per year for Owners in the Villas.
2016 Board of Directors
– Two new members were added to the Board of Directors for the Beacon Knoll HOA. These are Rick VanderPloeg and Richard Hamm. The Board for 2016 consists of:
- Scott Kendrick – President
- Richard Hamm – Vice President
- Marilynn Martin – Treasurer
- Wendy Burkhard – Secretary
- Ian York – Security and Pool
- Rick VanderPloeg
- Alan Carey
Current Landscaping Activity
– In late 2015 and as part of the 2016 budget process, the Board approved a number of items aimed at improving the appearance of the Common Areas and addressing some maintenance issues. These include:
- Removing the aging and decaying Bradford Pear trees along LakePoint Drive – complete
- Removing some brush and trees along the lake shorelines to improve access and improve the appearance. This is currently underway along with the repair of the storm water exits into the lakes.
- Installation of a permanent gate to the back parking area behind the tennis courts.
- Landscaping of the areas around the tennis courts – to be started shortly.
- Replacing the bricks in the pool area with pavers – to be started shortly
- Replacing the mulch in playground area – complete
- Two new benches were added to the lake areas
The Board hopes to continue initiatives such as these aimed at improving the appearance of and access to the lake areas.
Pool Items – Even though it is still March the Board is preparing for the opening of the pool. We expect the pool to open in mid May weather permitting. The Budget for 2016 included funds for new umbrellas and chairs. These have been purchased along with restrapping a number of existing chairs. Some planned repairs in the pump room will be completed shortly aimed at addressing some small leaks in the pump piping and valves.
Pool / Tennis Court Keys – Contact Ian York at Ian.York@BankofAmerica.com or 704-340-1546 if you need a key to the pool and tennis courts or a key to the gate to the back parking area behind the tennis courts. You can also leave a message with the Board at email@example.com
Beacon Knoll HOA Mailing Address – As a reminder the HOA’s mailing address is now:
Beacon Knoll Homeowners Association
2764 Pleasant Road #10309
Fort Mill, South Carolina 29708
The addressed changed with the opening of The Postal Route on Pleasant Road.
Parking, Trash Cans, and Trailers –
- Residents are asked to refrain from parking in the street unless absolutely necessary. When parking in the street, please make sure that you are as close to the curb as possible. It is the resident’s responsibility to ensure that the street is clear enough for emergency vehicles. In addition please do not park in areas that restrict your neighbors from exiting their driveways.
- Trash cans should be stored out of view per the Covenants.
- Trailers and boats are not to be stored in driveways except in preparation for use.
The Board would like to remind everyone that the HOA Board of Directors meets the third Monday of each month. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
SPEED LIMIT IS 25 MPH.