Annual Homeowner’s Association Meeting – Sunday, January 24 at 2PM.
***All owners are encouraged to attend. If you can not attend, please complete a proxy vote and submit to the board**
November 2015 Newsletter
With 2015 coming to a close, the Board would like to update the Association on a number of items including budget preparations for 2016 and the Annual Beacon Knoll Homeowner’s Association Meeting.
2015 Budget and the Financial Status of the Association
– The Board is pleased to report that we are under budget for the year and we anticipate being able to take care of several key items that were not in this year’s budget. These include:
- Starting a capital reserve fund for future major items such as a roof for the clubhouse, major pool work, etc. The Board plans to move approximately $5,000 to this fund.
- Removing the aging Bradford pear trees on LakePoint Drive and replacing them with maple trees.
- Cleaning up overhanging limbs and areas around the main lake that have become overgrown.
- Replacing the roof on the gazebo.
- Ordering and installing an information sign for the neighborhood.
The Board has worked hard at managing our costs this year so that we would be able to fund the items above. Expenses for security, pool operations, pool electricity, and several other items are under budget for the year and will allow the Board to move these funds to other items.
2016 Budget – The Board has completed and approved a budget for 2016. The budget will be voted on by the HOA per the Covenants at the Annual Meeting. The budget does include a 5 percent increase in HOA dues for 2016. The Board’s view is that the increase is needed to allow the HOA to fully fund the capital reserve fund at approximately$10,000 per year. This amount is needed to allow for adequate funds for larger projects such as the clubhouse roof, pool work, parking lot maintenance, etc. Dues for the single family areas will increase $30 per year to $610. Villas owners dues will increase $20 per year to $408.
Annual Homeowner’s Association Meeting – The annual meeting will be held on Sunday January 24 at 2PM. All owners are encouraged to attend.
2016 Beacon Knoll Board of Directors – There are two seats on the Board that are up for election. Please contact a Beacon Knoll Board meeting prior to the annual meeting if you are interested in serving on the Board.
Beacon Knoll HOA Mailing Address – As a reminder the HOA’s mailing address is now
Beacon Knoll Homeowners Association
2764 Pleasant Road #10309
Fort Mill, South Carolina 29708
The addressed changed with the opening of The Postal Route on Pleasant Road.
Parking, Trash Cans, and Trailers –
Residents are asked to refrain from parking in the street unless absolutely necessary. When parking in the street, please make sure that you are as close to the curb as possible. It is the residents responsibility to ensure that the street is clear enough for emergency vehicles.
Trash cans should be stored out of view per the Covenants.
Trailers and boats are not to be stored in driveways except in preparation for use.